Who I am and why you are here
Just in case you wound up here and you don't already know...
My name is Yuriy Kozlov and I am a student at Brandeis University majoring in Computer Science and Mathematics. My academic and career interests center mostly around computers and software development. I am a Free Open Source Software (FOSS) and particularly Kubuntu Linux user, advocate, and occasional contributor.
On my website you will find various projects I've worked on. This includes software projects I've worked on in and outside of class, web design, 3D animation, and some of my photography. There are also some links to causes I support.
- DrinkTale - I am working on a new social networking site that acts as a directory for nightlife.
- Kubuntu - Other links to work I do and have done for Kubuntu.
- Raytracer - 3D Renderer for my Computer Graphics (cs155b) class. Features include diffuse and specular lighting, reflection and refraction, and depth of field. Written using C++ and Qt. For my Distributed Systems (cs147a) class I worked on extending the renderer to run distributed on a cluster using the Hadoop Map/Reduce framework.
- Brandeis Ballroom Dance Website - I maintain the website for the Brandeis Ballroom Dance Team.
- 3D Artwork - Several Blender models and animations, mostly from my Computer Animation (cs65a) class, and some I did in my free time. Also some Cinema4D models.
- Photography - I occasionally like to try to take pictures, generally with the goal of capturing some surreal view in a photograph.
Brandeis Computer Science
- XY plotting for Java (Source) (Javadoc) - A class that takes sets of x and y coordinates and plots them. Provides x and y indicator lines for a given point. Used in ImCellPhen and in the air resistance project below.
- Physics project on air resistance (Java applet) (Source) - Extra credit project for AP Physics that calculates the motion of a ball, taking into account air resistance. Plots graphs of position, velocity, and acceleration.
- Physics project on electric fields (Java applet) (Source) - Extra credit project for AP Physics that calculates and plots electric fields.
- CS22a Final Project - Puzzle - Kev's Cubes (Java applet) (Source) (Javadoc) - Final project from my Data Structures class. Tries to solve the Kev's cubes problem using brute force.
- My abandoned gaming site - A gaming website I started working on in middle school.
- My vewy fiwst webpage.. - My first experiments with HTML. View at your own risk.
- Assassins! - Rules for a game we played freshman year. For future reference.