Here is a sample letter that we use to send to people requesting an endorsement:
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about PassMassAmendment.
As discussed, we are hoping that you will endorse the PassMassAmendment ballot initiative.
Here is the website: www.PassMassAmendment.org
Here is our write-up of why we’re doing this: http://www.passmassamendment.org/why/
We’ve already gotten endorsements from:
1. U. S. Congressman Jim McGovern – District 2
2. State Representatives:
– Cory Atkins – 14th Middlesex District
– Ellen Story – 3rd Hampshire District
– Denise Provost – 27th Middlesex District, Somerville
– Timothy J. Toomey Jr – 26th Middlesex District, Cambridge
– Sean Garballey, 23rd Middlesex District, Arlington
– Jennifer Benson, 37th Middlesex District
– Carl Sciortino, 34th Middlesex District (Medford & Somerville)
– Jason M. Lewis – 31st Middlesex
– Harold P. Naughton, Jr Representative, Clinton
3. State Senators:
– Katherine M. Clark Senator, Melrose
– Barry R. Finegold Senator, Andover
– Karen E. Spilka Majority Whip, D Ashland
And other notable people and groups including: Noam Chomsky, Ironworkers Local 7, Occupy Winchester, and the Greater-Boston Chapter of the Green-Rainbow Party.
You may have already endorsed one or more efforts based on “Corporations Are Note People” and “Money Is Not Speech”.
We believe that all efforts moving toward this end, are worth supporting, at the Federal, State, and Local levels.
We hope you will support our effort, as well.